Re: [TowerTalk] Bending Aluminum

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Bending Aluminum
From: john@kk9a.com
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2019 21:52:44 -0500
Assuming that you are "V" forming I would say roughly 1000 pounds per inch of length. If you know the punch radius, die width, material type and width of the form you can more accurately calculate the forming tonnage.

John KK9A

Tom Hellem K0SN

Hello Collective Wisdom-
I am thinking about building an H-frame hydraulic press for the purpose of
bending up some brackets out of 1/8" aluminum plate for element to boom
clamps on hf yagis.
Does anyone have an idea of the force required for doing this so I can
determine how big of a hydraulic jack to buy and how beefy I need to build
the frame?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Tom
K0SN