[TowerTalk] Custom Mast Length?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Custom Mast Length?
From: K7LXC@aol.com (K7LXC)
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 16:02:14 EDT
In a message dated 98-04-25 13:31:54 EDT, gareth@capecod.net writes:

> Does anybody know if somebody sells custom length cuts of 2"OD heavy
>  duty aluminum mast? I need a very short piece and do not want to pay
>  the price of a full sized mast.

    Get to know your local salvage yards. Some of the "junk yards" around here
also salvage lots of interesting stuff including I-beams, steel pipe AND
tubing, aluminum, angle iron, turnbuckles, cable, etc. They're a great place
to spend a couple of hours.

     We've got a couple of good ones locally plus Boeing Surplus in the
Seattle area. Look in the yellow pages and go out and visit them.

Cheers,  Steve  K7LXC