Re: [TowerTalk] Masting source

To: towertalk@contesting.com, jimrob@gmail.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Masting source
From: k7lxc--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2019 19:12:12 +0000 (UTC)
>  Could someone point me to a source for antenna mast? It needs to be
>strongenough for my A4S and 10-element 2m beam. I was thinking 10' in height,
>isthat too much? I've not had an actual bell rotor atop a tower
>before.Everything prior has been TV rotors on masts.
    Relatively speaking, this is a pretty small load - even at high wind speeds
- so IMO just about anything will work; e.g. water pipe, Schedule 40 or 80
conduit. Available from lots of different sources.

    These are pipes and not tubing so they have a slightly smaller OD - 1.9
inches - so you might have to shim it slightly in a Hy-Gain rotator but
shouldn't be a problem with other ones.

    Cheap and easy works for me.

Cheers,Steve    K7LXCTOWER TECH -Professional tower services for commercial and
amateur