Re: [TowerTalk] Hy-Gain HG-70HD Crankup Tower

To: towertalk@contesting.com, w7wll@casco.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hy-Gain HG-70HD Crankup Tower
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 09:02:49 EDT
In a message dated 9/29/2006 5:16:42 AM Pacific Daylight Time,

>  2. Any suggestions on a good and safe way to get just the inner section up
to get at the rotator.  When fully nested it is impossible to get at the
darn thing.  Regular fixed tower gin poles don't work.

    You need to extend the tower so that the rotator is accessible.
Horizontal works as does vertical. If vertical, be sure to block each section
with a
pipe, 2x4 or U-bolt on the leg to prevent it from slipping down and it'll be
okay to climb.

>  3. Did Hy-Gain really construct it or was it done by another tower
manufacturer if anyone happens to know

    They were all made in Lincoln, NE, as far as I know. They hired Clyde
Blyleven, WA6ONZ, from Tri-Ex to design and market crank-ups and they sold lots
of them over the years.

Cheers,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH
Hy-Gain National Amateur Sales Manager for awhile in the 90's