Re: [TowerTalk] RTV? What Kind?

To: DENNIS BRICKEY <n4dd@embarqmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RTV? What Kind?
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2008 11:54:33 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 14:26:09 -0500 (EST), DENNIS BRICKEY
<n4dd@embarqmail.com> wrote:

>Hey Guys,
>
>I am building the 4:1 coaxial balun recommended by KLM nad some other KLM
>owners of 40M4 yagis.? It calls for sealing of the connections with RTV.? What
>kind of
>
>RTV is recommended by the masses.? The last think I want to do is to have to
>take this thing back down because I used the wrong struff. Oh?Yeah, as there
>any sealing
>
>techniques that I should observe??

I recommend the kind of RTV sold at pet stores for sealing glass
aquariums. Totally waterproof (of course!) and free of the acid smell in
other RTVs. I figure anything harmless to fish is harmless to your
equipment.

To spread it easily, put a small amount of water in a dish, add a drop
or two of dish soap and wet your finger in it. The RTV won't stick to
your finger.

73, Bill W6WRT