Re: [TowerTalk] RTV? What Kind?

To: "DENNIS BRICKEY" <n4dd@embarqmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] RTV? What Kind?
From: "Dennis Vernacchia" <n6ki73@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2008 14:01:57 -0800
Per my article on using non corrosive and non UV RTV for rebuilding
traps on Telrex Yagis I can recommend Dow Corning 738

http://www.ac6v.com/telrex.htm

It only has a 6 month storage shelf life so you may have to call around.
I do know a firm in San Diego that can get it in the toothpaste size tubes
if you don't need a cartridge

It only comes in White BTW

I am sure you may get some other recommendations but this stuff is still
holding up in the sun after 15 years and*
*738 is UV stable and has a dielectric property of 400 to 500 Volt per
0.001inch.
if I read the specs correctly...*

*73, Dennis N6KI