[TowerTalk] Anchor bolts for LM470

To: towertalk@contesting.com, w5if@valornet.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Anchor bolts for LM470
From: NPAlex@aol.com
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 21:08:01 -0400 (EDT)
Glen,

I have had several TriEX LM-470 towers and none of them used "J" bolt
anchors.   TriEX system uses Steel 'Flags' (with mounting holes )  welded to
Large Diameter Re-Bar cage that is imbedded in the  concrete.   On the other
hand US Tower does use 1" or larger 'J'-bolts  originally, but now they supply
bolts with Hex heads which does provide adequate  anchoring.  I have a new
set of US Tower base mounting bolts that I bought  for a planned relocation
of a US HD-589 tower that never materialized.   They are heavy, but
shippable via UPS and they were expensive.  If  interested maybe we can make a
deal.
 contact me off list - _w4qn@bellsouth.net_ (mailto:w4qn@bellsouth.net) .

If I have misunderstood your application of the 'J' bolts for mounting the
LM-470 please clarify what I may have missed.

Norm W4QN

Message:  6
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2012 14:27:16 -0000
From: "Glen Turner"  <w5if@valornet.com>
To: <towertalk@contesting.com>

Looking for a good source of anchor bolts to  be used on LM470 tower.
Needing 6 bolts about 1" by 27" with J bend or  angled.
Spec seems to call for ANSI F155 4 grade 55 bolts.  Anyone  have spares or
know a good source in Midwest US?  Glen  W5IF