Re: [TowerTalk] Which type of cable for a crank-up tower?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Which type of cable for a crank-up tower?
From: "John Lemay" <john@carltonhouse.eclipse.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 17:11:53 -0000
Chaps

I have lost the original message, in which someone asked about either 6/19
or 7/19 cable.

I can confirm it is available here in the UK (but not necessarily of UK
origin). 6/19 and 7/19 are types of cable, not sizes, and refers (in the
first case) to 6 wires of 19 strands, on a fibre core. In the case of 7/19
the fibre core is replaced by a further wire of 19 strands.

Both are available in various diameters from 3 to 8mm.

John G4ZTR