[TowerTalk] Fwd: Winding A New Linear Loading Coil for a Cushcraft 402-C

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Fwd: Winding A New Linear Loading Coil for a Cushcraft 402-CD
From: HansLG@aol.com
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 11:26:53 -0400 (EDT)
My experience winding coils is as follow:

I wind the wire of this size (#12) on a slightly smaller core. (Place fore
some testing). By varying the angle the wire "enter" the core during the
winding  determine the spacing. It makes life easier if you have access to a
lathe.  I prefer a rather stiff wire to start with as it makes it easier to
slide the  finished coil onto the finished core.

Annealed wire tend to have "its own will" and I have never had any good
success with that. By pre-stressing the wire, by slightly pulling it straight
you start with a straight wire. Any kinks in the wire tend to give a kink
in the  finished coil = not good.

Good luck and 73 de,

Hans - N2JFS