Re: [TowerTalk] anchor concrete

To: towertalk@contesting.com, Andromeda@RMTW.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] anchor concrete
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2006 14:39:35 EST

In a message dated 3/12/2006 7:26:09 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,

>  The tower will have a two element 20-15-10 meter quad..The  winds blow
here 45-55 mph.  That is what I have masured this past  year.  The locals
tell me it can get up to 85-90 mph with a good huff  and puff..

        Other people have pointed  you towards Rohn guy anchor drawings and
specs. But you really need to know what  your local windspeed rating is.
Anecdotal information isn't that valuable. You  can check yours at
_www.championradio.com/technotes.html_
(http://www.championradio.com/technotes.html) .  Be
advised that sometimes a building department will institute a higher  windspeed
than what is listed but it is a good starting point.

    BTW you can get a free Rohn catalog on  CD including all the drawings
from _www.rohnnet.com_ (http://www.rohnnet.com) . Even if you don't have a Rohn

tower, you can make some inferences from the data.

Cheers,
Steve    K7LXC
TOWER TECH -
Professional tower services for amateurs
Cell: 206-890-4188