[TowerTalk] 30M sloper antenna off my 50ft 25G tower?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 30M sloper antenna off my 50ft 25G tower?
From: nw9g@netusa1.net (Steve Narducci)
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 1996 18:39:28 -0500
At 02:25 PM 9/7/97 EDT, you wrote:
>Hello fellow tower monkeys,
>
>I am wanting to add a 30M sloper type of antenna off my 50ft tower. I
>don't currently have a 30M antenna and after trying to add 30M via an
>add-on coil to my butternut vertical yielded very sad results and
>destroyed the vertical's performance on both 40M and 80M. I have decided

Are you sure you did the installation of that 30 meter coil right?  I have
had 3
of those verticals with excellent results on 30m.  Directional antennas
would be the
answere for 30 meters but I would certainly look at that again.  I have had
them
ground mounted and worked over 120 countries on 30m with 100 watts and also
had them
mounted up on a 50' tower with an anti radial kit which also worked good.
And no
difference was made on either 40 or 80 meters as well. Good luck and
73's....Steve

to construct a sloper type of antenna for 30M, with the sloper running