[TowerTalk] USS Missoure

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] USS Missoure
From: jreid@aloha.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Fri, 19 Jun 1998 19:49:29 -0900

Hi all,

Is there a Radio Nostalgia or Radio History reflector?

Would like to post the following there,  if possible:

"QST to All former Radio Room Operators on board the USS Missouri,

The Mighty Mo will arrive off Waikiki and Pearl Harbor Sunday,
June 21st.  On Monday morning,  she will be docked at Pier F5,
Pearl Harbor to join the USS Arizona Memorial and others,
presumably for the rest of time.

The Radio Amateurs of Hawaii are already in the process of
attempts to reactivate the Radio Room on board.  This
will take time;  however,  plans are being made,  including
planned contacts with  senior US Senator Daniel Inouye, D-Hawaii.

We would greatly appreciate inputs/stories/etc.  from any
and all previous operators on board the USS Missouri.

If any of you would care to join us as we initiate this project,
either in person,  or via advice and information,  we would
be greatly appreciative!

Permission is freely given to anyone who might choose to/know
any previous RO of the USS Missouri to contact them directly, or to
post this QST in some other appropriate reflector/forum.
Please have responses directed to me,  Mahalo and Aloha!

73,  Jim,  KH7M
On the Island of Kauai
Hawaiian Islands"