[TowerTalk] FCC strategy for line noise problem?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] FCC strategy for line noise problem?
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 09:24:26 -0400
At 02:30 AM 6/22/1999 PDT, Ron Youvan wrote:

>Hi:
>  <<the man in charge cut me off and said that he had no intention of
>dealing with this problem.>>
>  I have noticed 3/4 of the ``government employees" I deal with are
>to lazey for words, I usually write a sweet letter (carefully crafted)
>to the employee's boss in the next higher city (state capital etc.)
>I always get good results, in a few letters.  Be sure to call the `lack
>of response` from the first guy/gal a PROBLEM, and the original
>matter a PROBLEM that you are looking for help with.

Jerks aside, most government employees are not so much lazy as overworked.
They tend, not unreasonably, to regard telephone calls as much less
important than letters.  That being said, it's always a good idea to write
to the person in charge at the appropriate level, rather than to a
subordinate.  By all means, make sure your letter is brief, clear,
grammatical, and unargumentative, but that it also asks for specific
measures to be taken.  Then, if you don't get a responsive answer, escalate!

73,  Pete N4ZR
Sometimes a tower is just a tower