[TowerTalk] Lightning Protection

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Lightning Protection
From: w1vxv@mail.biddeford.com (Robert C. Boyd)
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 16:56:26 -0400
Well I did it guys; I bought into the PolyPhaser story and ordered
devices
today to protect every incoming coax, the rotor, and the phone line.
Will
be installing a a "single-point ground panel" and buried cable trough for
the lines from the tower.  Next spring I will raise the tower, replace
some
cables, and install some PolyPhaser coax cable grounds (Uni-Kits) at the
tower.

Boy, life sure was simpler in 1952.  My wire antenna came was end-fed and
came directly into the shack.  Protection consisted of a porcelain-base
knife switch which (when I remembered to switch it) grounded the antenna
lead-in!

Seriously now (Dick in Minden, NV can tell me), is PolyPhaser publicly
traded on one of the stock exchanges?  Might as get some of my money
back!

73,  Bob - W1VXV  (w1vxv@GWI.NET)