[TowerTalk] Guying distance importance?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Guying distance importance?
From: no6x@inreach.com (Mike)
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 1998 01:36:46 +0000
Well Doing a little preliminary measurements and figuring out where the
guys will go for my Project this fall I have run into a problem (maybe).
My plan was 70 feet of Rohn 55 guyed at 2 levels.
In looking at the distances in which I can get from the tower for guying I
have run into a bit of a snafu.
The farthest away I can get from the tower would be about 45 feet. Now that
is allready using one of my neighbors backyards. My plan was to elevate the
end of the guys about 8 feet above the ground.
The question is:
Will 45 feet be enough for the guy wires when elevated 8 feet at the ends.
The other question is:
Do all of the guys need to be exactly the same distance from the tower?
One direction I could get another 20-40 feet if I thought It would help.
Hope someone has an answer to this one, and hopefully the answer is not a
smaller tower.
73
Mike...NO6X
no6x@inreach.com