[TowerTalk] Re: Tram Questions

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Re: Tram Questions
From: bragassa@hal-pc.org (Mike Bragassa)
Date: Wed, 03 Sep 1997 09:37:15 -0500
>Make sure your gin pole is strong enough to handle the load, if in doubt
>back guy it.  For heavy loads I have just started using
>Rohn 25 it works great.  And, if your shorts are tight you can climb it.
>
>73 Pete N4KW

I would very definitely back-guy the mast pipe. I did not on one set up and
when stretching out the tram line felt I bent the schedule 80, heavy duty
mast pipe just ever so little. Gave me pure grief with stalling my rotator
when later attempting to turn the system. I could not 'see' the bend but it
had to ...be there.

K5UO, Mike>

bragassa@hal-pc.org
bragassa@glasnet.ru