HL: Re: [TowerTalk] Re: Heading off an antenna restriction?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: HL: Re: [TowerTalk] Re: Heading off an antenna restriction?
From: Jack_Schrimsher@kcmo.org (by way of Stu Greene <wa2moe@doitnow.com>)
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 1997 08:13:12 -0700

I agree that our responses seem to have gotten completely out of hand.
However, it appears to me that Scott has adopted a very good plan of
action.  I am a city attorney myself here in Kansas City, Missouri, and it
is quite common for my office to write letters upon the request of our
citizens which in effect state that a certain matter or activity is not
regulated or prohibited by city ordinances.  Hopefully his city attorney's
office is as cooperative and responsive to its citizens.
The old adage that you can be sued at anytime for anything is certainly
true, but I always tell people to act reasonably and hope for the best.
You can't allow the fear of unreasonable lawsuits to rule your life.  Sure,
it happens, but thankfully not all that often.  Many people will complain
and cause a ruckus, pass around petitions, and write letters, but most who
do so unreasonably are too tight with a dollar to put their own money on
the line to hire an attorney and file suit.
Good job, Scott.  I hope it all works out well for you.

Jack H. Schrimsher K0WTS

Use "(un)subscribe ham-law" on a new line in the text.