[TowerTalk] switching

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] switching
From: twoway@scoden.ma.ultranet.com (Scott Bullock)
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 1997 05:01:53 -0500
Why not build a relay box that just keys off the ptt line of the radio? Or
use a Dow-Key relay. Simple and cheap.
Scott
KA1CLX

At 08:31 AM 11/10/97 -0600, you wrote:
>I am looking for a way to switch from my transceiver to my receiving
antennas with some type of automatic switching unit.Here is the scoop.I
presently have a Kenwood TS 850.These rigs do not have a seperate receive
antenna jack on the back as do some of the other rigs.I use an array of 4
EWE antennas to receive on the low bands.Right now I use the typical
selector switch to go from my transceiver antenna to the EWE antennas.I
find myself in a fury of contesting and pileups forgetting to switch from
my receive antennas to the transmit antenna,therefore I blow the
terminating resistors on the EWE's.So far my unun has been able to take the
jolt of 1500 watts.I am wanting to build or purchase something that would
automatically switch to the transmit antenna when I key the rig,so as to
eliminate my problem.Is there such a beast available or am I just stuck
with buying another rig that has a seperate receive antenna already in the
rig?