[TowerTalk] VHF/UHF Antennas for Tower???????

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] VHF/UHF Antennas for Tower???????
From: K2JAS@worldnet.att.net (Roger L. Elowitz)
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 13:45:48 -0500
Hi Daniel,

I use the AEA? IsoPoles?, 2-m, 1¼-m and ¾-m, all of which I like very
much. Perhaps they're a bit pricey for vertical antennas... considering
what you can make yourself with some coat hanger wire, an SO-239 coax
receptacle... or some copper tubing and any antenna handbook for
instructions. However, I'm particularly pleased with the Isopole's
performance... ie. wide bandwidth with low SWR, low angle of radiation,
feedline inside mast, sturdy construction etc.. [I have no financial or
marketing connection with AEA?].

See WB2COP's Isopole Antenna Farm at:
http://www.monmouth.com/~ekracum/photoa.html

All the AEA antennas and handheld test products have been incorporated
into the AEA division of Tempo Research Corporation, headquartered in
Vista, CA.

See their website at:
http://www.timewave.com/

Good luck with your antenna project.

73,

Roger, K2JAS
Morganville, NJ
Close to the Big Apple and Philly Cheesesteaks
with no shortage of Weight-Watchers programs