[TowerTalk] Tailtwister Start Problems at Low Temps

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tailtwister Start Problems at Low Temps
From: twoway@scoden.ma.ultranet.com (Scott Bullock)
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 1997 12:10:36 -0500
Hi Dick, I have had the same problem here for abt 1.5 months, mine is a
rebuilt tailtwister, it worked fine for about 2 weeks, then it started
doing the same thing, I can hear the solenoid click when I release the
brake, but after it sits for a while, it won't move right away. I've tried
holding the cw and ccw levers, sometimes it starts up, other times not. It
seems to work ok if I click on the brake release several times before I
turn it, but even that doesn't work every time! I haven't done anything
about it, as I had seen a message here some time ago about this problem
saying it was a typical tailtwister rotor problem. I would be interested in
hearing what others have to say about this, and if there is a good solution
available. And no, it's not the thrust bearings tightening up, as I can
turn the whole array by hand if I loosen the rotor up.
Happy Holidays,
Scott
KA1CLX