[TowerTalk] Small Yagi Ideas - THANKS!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Small Yagi Ideas - THANKS!
From: wd3q@erols.com (Eric Rosenberg)
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 1997 22:16:37 -0400
Thanks to all for the small yagi suggestions.

A few comments are in order:

The size limitation is a real one.  My 'dream' antenna would
have been the C-3,
but I have a limited turning radius (~14 feet).  Force 12 has
been working on
an even smaller version of the C3 (shortened 20m elements), but
it isn't finished.
While I'm tempted to wait for them, I'd like to put something up
for the contest season (another note: it will sit on my roof
tower under a satellite array of a
10 ft long 2m yagi, 16 turn 70 cm helix and small s-band mesh dish).

The choice of a full-sized 2-el vs a 'low power' 3-el comes out
of a fun weekend with OH/K8MN in Helsinki at the end of the
winter. Dave's suggestion that I'd be better off with a
full-sized beam that could handle higher power makes sense.

Now all I have to do is find a used candidate in this (DC) area!

Thnaks again to all --

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC
w3d2Qamsat.org