[TowerTalk] FIBERGLASS TAPE CLARIFICATION

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] FIBERGLASS TAPE CLARIFICATION
From: perring@texas.net (Bob Perring)
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 1997 10:01:45 -0600
At 08:15 12/6/97 -0700, John Brosnahan wrote:

>                SEALING THE WATER INSIDE

>Please don't "TRY" to hermetically seal anything.

===========================================>

Sorry,

I didn't mean to imply that using fiberglass might be a methodology for
hermetic sealing of anything, just a means for water entry and corrosion
resistance.

I used the wrapping of the 40-2CD traps as a "possible" application
example, since these guys are just coils, as I recall, not "traps" as we
find on multiband  beams where one has coils contained within a cavity or
can.

If you fiberglass seal a container, or seal with some other means of
encapsulation, you will create a water maker environment.

1.  just like a sheet of plastic on hot desert sand at night, or

2. just as those end plugs on drooping elements do;

    create a long enclosed container for temperature and humidity
modulation with

    resultant water being formed in the elements.

Weep holes have a very real reason for existing on the underside of trap
cans.

73,

Bob

N5RP