[TowerTalk] bulkhead connectors

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] bulkhead connectors
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2002 14:42:11 -0500
Thanks to Patrick, W9GTA, for putting me onto the AMP CPC (Circular Plastic
Connector) series.  These look like more than enough connector for the job,
and even come in fully weatherproof sealed varieties.

Poking around the same pages in the Digi-Key catalogue, I was fascinated to
note the specs for the old garden-variety 8-pin DIN plug and jack --
contacts rated 2A @ 100 VAC, 1000 volts insulation between terminals.  They
may lack the satisfying heft of the bigger C-J plugs, but I don't see why
these wouldn't make an adequate non-weatherproof bulkhead solution for
antenna switch lines and the like.  And at $1.50 per plug/jack combo, the
price is sure right.

Anyone done this DIN-style?

73, Pete N4ZR

The revised World Contest