[TowerTalk] RF grounding

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] RF grounding
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 14:31:50 -0500
For those of us with less than ideal shack locations (mine's on the second
floor), it can be tough to keep RF out of the shack.  I seem to have an
undesirable resonance in my ground system on 15, at least to judge by RF
appearing in the shack on that band but not on others.

Would it be useful to run a second ground conductor of a different length
from my in-shack ground buss to another ground rod on the opposite, in the
hope of providing another, lower-impedance path for 15 meter RF?

73, Pete N4ZR

Sometimes a tower is
just a tower

Order online at http://store.eham.net.