[TowerTalk] Line noise clarification

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Line noise clarification
From: k5iid@wvadventures.net (Tom Horton)
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 19:58:45 -0400
Pat,
Again..use the public service commission, or whatever it's called where you
live.
Another tact that has worked for me before in Texas many years ago...
On the bill was a place for comments...I did and they did..quickly!!
You are lucky that there is someone there that knows what is going on.
I would just bet that phone call to the PUC would yield rapid results!
73, Tom K5IID

At 10:05 AM 6/22/99 -0500, Patrick Barkey wrote:

>Thanks to many for the line noise advice.
>
>One point of clarification might help here.  My power company is
>very aware of RFI.  It has a full time RFI person, who I have gotten
>to know and has quite a bit of equipment and experience.  The
>RFI person is very friendly and helpful.  And, yes, he's a ham.
>
>The problem is that the business organization of the power
>company rewards managers who skimp on maintenance of any
>sort.  (I know.  I used to work for the company).
>
>The work orders keep getting written by the RFI guy, and the line
>crews just ignore them.
>
>This is the cycle that I am trying to break.
>
>   - Pat
>     N9RV
>
>--

 Tom Horton