[TowerTalk] Force12 C-31XR Tri Band Beam SWR

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Force12 C-31XR Tri Band Beam SWR
From: n0ss@earthlink.net (Tom Hammond - N0SS)
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 1999 15:01:02 -0500
John:

>I just finished getting my Force12 C-31XR tri band beam up onto my 70'
>Rohn 45G tower.  If you own one of these antennas, I would like to hear
>from you as to the VSWR measurements you are getting.  Especially on 20
>and 15 meters.  The antenna specs posted on the Force12 web page:

I recently installed a new Bencher Skyhawk 3x10 tribander and experienced
nearly the same type of SWRs... only mine were actually worse in some
instances.

Turns out that the culprit was a bad length of coax!  Replaced it with
Davis RFs BuryFlex and the world is again safe for mankind...!

If you have not done so, have your ant guy take one of the MFJ-259
Analyzers (surely you can find one to borrow for a short while if
you don't own one), up TO the top of the tower and check the SWR
AT the feedpoint of the yagi.  If it's good there, then suspect
your coax.

73 - Tom Hammond   N0SS