[TowerTalk] Guy wires as inverted Vee?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Guy wires as inverted Vee?
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 07:03:37 -0400
At 07:15 AM 4/26/01 +0100, Bill Hider wrote:
>So, abandon your idea of a steerable switching 80M
>inverted "V" at 70 feet as a waste of time and energy for only
>4-6 dB of "steerabiltiy", but don't abandon your idea of a fixed 80M
>inverted "V"
>at 70 feet.  It will perform excellently (albeit omnidirectionally).

But also don't be surprised if it interacts with the HF tribander that you
presumably plan to place just above its apex.  This happened to me.
Assuming your interest is DX, I would seriously consider the idea of shunt
feeding the tower, maybe even with a 2-band feed system.

73, Pete N4ZR
Contesting is!

The World Contest Station Database
is waiting for your input at