Re: [TowerTalk] Testing chokes with 31 material

To: <scorpionantennas@cox.net>, <topband@contesting.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Testing chokes with 31 material
From: "Tod" <tod@k0to.us>
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 16:02:02 -0600
RonL

A follow up to my earlier response with respect to measuring the chokes
using an AMI 4170.

This afternoon I measured two chokes with the AIM 4170 and ploted the
results on the two cores, 4 turns and two cores, 5 turns graphs to show the
results compared with the measurements I made using the Vector Voltmeter and
voltage divider circuit.

I added the new graphs to the document [at the very end] and have uploaded
it to the web site. You can see from the graphs that, when I measure the
chokes I have fabricated, the impedance magnitude results are lower when
using the AIM 4170.

73, Tod, K0TO

  _____