Re: [TowerTalk] What NOT to do when climbing

To: Alan NV8A <nv8a@att.net>, towertalk reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] What NOT to do when climbing
From: Gene Smar <ersmar@verizon.net>
Date: Tue, 01 Jul 2008 12:07:40 -0500 (CDT)
Alan:

     I have one word for you to pass along to your neighbor, if you don't mind:
 Darwin.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F

From: Alan NV8A <nv8a@att.net>
Date: 2008/07/01 Tue PM 12:57:32 EDT
To: towertalk reflector <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] What NOT to do when climbing

Talking to a fellow club member (and close neighbor) during Field Day, I
heard about a tower-climbing misfortune of his. On one occasion he
climbed his 30+ ft tower without a belt because it was such a quick and
easy job he had to do up there. Unfortunately, forgetting that this time
he was not wearing a belt, he let go. He is very thankful that he landed
on the grass rather than on the concrete, and no significant injuries
were suffered..

73

Alan NV8A