[Fwd: Roof Mounted Antenna Farm]

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [Fwd: Roof Mounted Antenna Farm]
From: rthorne@ibm.net (Richard Thorne - WB5M)
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 1996 14:21:23 -0700

--------------6A06164717FA

I'm resending as it does not appear to have made it the first time.

--------------6A06164717FA

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 1996 07:13:35 -0700
From: Richard Thorne - WB5M <rthorne@ibm.net>
To: cq-contest@tgv.com
Subject: Roof Mounted Antenna Farm

I received permission from our Land Lord (for our office space) to
build my station on top of the building.  Its an old JC Penny building
and the roof is huge and is made of steel.

I'm going to contact a professional engineer to design the base and
guy anchor points, have them installed and then put the tower up myself
, with a ground crew of course.

Anybody out there have experience building on to of a two story building?
Any advice or experience is appreciated.  I need to work through a few
issues like grounding how high to put the antenna's ect.  The room is
about 30' above the ground and I have 90' of 25g to put on top of
that.

I'm hoping to have this all complete before the October contest season
begins.

Thanks

--------------6A06164717FA--