BASE PLATE FOR 45G

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: BASE PLATE FOR 45G
From: rthorne@ibm.net (Richard Thorne - WB5M)
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 1996 17:29:12 -0700
My company is getting ready to move into its new building.  Along with
the move I'm going to put some towers on top.  I'm gonna start with
70' of 25g.

I'm building my own base plate out of a 24" square 5/16 piece of steel.
I was able to get the dimensions for the leg pegs and their placement
from the rohn catalog.  I also want to place the pegs on the same
plate for a future upgrade to 45g.

The problem is that the rohn catalog is not specific on dimensions.  I'm
looking for the measurements, specifically the diameter of the circle
that disects the points where the pegs go.  I can figure the placement
on the circle using the 120d points. ( I need this for 45g only, the 25g
part is done).

I also need the inside diameter of a 45g tower leg so I can use a lathe
to mill the solid steel peg.

Any help on these dimensions would be helpful.

Thanks!!