MAST STRENGTH

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: MAST STRENGTH
From: rthorne@ibm.net (Richard Thorne - WB5M)
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 1996 09:42:32 -0700
How do you go about determining how much antenna (square foot wise)
you can safely put on a mast.  I know theres an article in NCJ a while
back explaining this but its in storage somewhere.

I have an 18' 2" x .25" wall aluminum mast.  I believe its rated at
40,000 lbs psi.  Its a good mast but certainly not chrom-molly.

I'm thinking about rotatable dipoles for 40 and 80 at the 7.5' and
15' levels (3' of the mast inside the tower).

Thanks in advance.