mast

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: mast
From: ab5tv@ix.netcom.com (ab5tv@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 04:22:44 -0700
jrob@epix.net wrote:

> Howdy all,
>
>      I wonder what people use for mast that sticks up about 10 or so
> feet above the tower and holds more than one multiband antenna?
>      I put up 1 1/2" galvanized steel pipe and it failed......bent right
> over. Wow!
>      If I use 1 1/2" galvanized steel again,only this time schedule 80,
> which is 1/4" wall thickness,is that sufficient? And if that is
> sufficient, what would be the difference between steel or aluminum pipe
> if they both are the same thickness?I don't have time for this "chrome
> molley" or whatever it is as this must be changed immedietly, no time to
> wait for freight! One last question, I also suppose I could use 2"
> instead of 1 1/2", but adding all this more weight,is it really going
> to add all that more strength? Helping answers appreciated!!!
>                                               Jeff,N3MLV
>
> --
> Problems:                 K7LXC@contesting.com
> history are bound to repeat it.
Another saying is that there may not be enough time to do it right the
first time, but there is always time enough to do it right the second or
third or fourth time.  Tom K5RC, former editor of the National Contest
Journal, runs Productivity Resources, PO Box 813 Bellville, TX 77418,
(409)865-272.  He has chrome moly mast which is virtually indestructible,
but not cheap.  The cheap stuff you already know about.  Good luck in the
contest.

73
Madison
ab5tv