105CAS..I'LL MAKE THE MOD ! + new thread

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: 105CAS..I'LL MAKE THE MOD ! + new thread
From: n3rr@erols.com (Bill Hider)
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 1996 02:53:04 -0800
Jan & Del Seay wrote:

> Okay - you guy's that have made the change to "CAS" - what's the
> tradeoff? Bandwidth or what?
> Knowing Hy-Gain, there are reasons for not releasing the antenna as
> "Optimized". de KL7HF
>
> --
> Problems:                 K7LXC@contesting.com

There are no tradeoffs.  The CAS is better in all respects.  The "C"
stands for computer optimized. The "S" stands for stainless steel
hardware.  HiGain does make and sell the CAS models for each of their
105, 155, and 205 models.  These came out in the 90s (at various times)
and have replaced the BA(S) models. I may be wrong, but I don't think
HiGain makes the BA(S) models anymore.

Bill, N3RR