40m beam

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: 40m beam
From: k4isv@westky.com (Bud)
Date: Wed, 08 Jan 1997 00:25:25 -0600
Frank, I forgot to mention that my 40m beam uses a split driven element.
The element halves are joined by a piece of wood! ( the wood was going
to be a baseball bat but I had better use for it.)  The wood is inserted
approximately 18" into each half and the halves are separated by about
6".  The wood is protected by several layers of fiberglass cloth/resin.

The wood provided H & B ( The Louisville Slugger people). Wood was
"cured" in their microwave!!  Now did I remember to keep the trade mark
up???

Though u might find this a bit unique...
73,bud