[TowerTalk] Base for TX-472

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Base for TX-472
From: ke1fo@contesting.com (Alfred J. Frugoli)
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 1997 02:33:52 +0000
Just installed one this summer.  Great tower.  I used a 4x4x8 foot hole
and filled it with 2000psi concrete.  Had a masonry contractor do the
work, but it was also my first tower.  The documentation from US-Tower
is very rudimentary.  It's pretty much fly by the instincts.  You can't
really go wrong, they give dimensions for the base.  The engineering
drawings are necessary only if you have to apply for a permit for the
tower.  I didn't need one, but I got one anyhow, just incase there are
problem sin the future.  Good luck with your instillation.  Hope to hear
you on the bands.
--
Al, KE1FO, ex. KE6BER    mailto:ke1fo@contesting.com or ke6ber@tiac.net
Check out my web page, http://www.tiac.net/users/ke6ber for summaries