[TowerTalk] KLM KT34XA

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] KLM KT34XA
From: ct4nh@mail.telepac.pt (Luís Teixeira)
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 1997 16:30:42 +0200
Hi Guys!
I have two towers in my little city lot, one in the top of my house -
two story building - having 50 ft high topped by a TH7DXX, which is abt
70 ft high. Second tower is a AB 105 with 75 ft. with a 402 BA and a
KLM 5 el Mono/20 (40 meter Yagi in the top separated from KLM abt 16 ft)
KLM is not giving all the expected perfomance - perhaps due to its low
height or 'blinded' by the 40 m yagi (that works vy well) - and I will
want to replace KLM Mono by a KLM KT34XA brand new. I would like to have
your opinions abt what separation I should leave between KLM/402 and
what could be the reason for 5el Mono low perfomance (TH7 better in
RX and TX in 80% of situations...!).
I would appreciate your comments.
Thanks, and 73 de Luis, CT4NH
PS: QTH is located in the slope of a little hill facing the Atlantic
Ocean, which is abt 2 miles.