[TowerTalk] US Towers and others

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] US Towers and others
From: ke1fo@contesting.com (Alfred J. Frugoli)
Date: Thu, 01 May 1997 16:17:04 +0000
Scott Bullock wrote:

> Hi all, just a quick note of warning to anyone looking to install any model
> US Tower or others.
> I called them several days ago to receive specs/diagrams, I paid by credit
> card and they sent me copies of the diagrams-without an original engineering
> stamp(was copied)-also someone had fudged the expiration date on the stamp
> by hand from 1995 to 1999. I queried them on this today after the local
> inspector refused to accept them, and they said that's what they use on
> everything!
>
> If any manufacturers towers' were ever to fall over, could they possibly be
> held liable for it with improper engineering certification?
>
> Others may have problems with this-just a forewarning to all, double-check
> what you get before you submit it.

Or happens when you recieve such documents and the building inspector
issues a permit, and the installation passes inspection.

This is the situation I had.  I got the drawings from US Tower, and
passed them on to the building inspector in my town.  Within two days I
had a building permit in the mail.  Furthermore, once I notified the
building inspector that work had been completed, there is no evidence
that the tower was inspected (someone is at the station qth almost
continuously), but I recieved a document saying that the tower passed
inspection.
--
Al, KE1FO, ex. KE6BER    mailto:ke1fo@contesting.com or ke6ber@tiac.net
Check out my web page, http://www.tiac.net/users/ke6ber for summaries