[TowerTalk] FS Rohn 25 Fold Over Tower Section / Dayton plans

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] FS Rohn 25 Fold Over Tower Section / Dayton plans
From: sawyers@inav.net (Steve Sawyers n0yvy)
Date: Mon, 05 May 1997 20:33:25 -0500
After considerable internal debate, I have decided against installing a
fold over tower. The VHF UHF array I have in mind is too big and the
four way guying does not work out in the location I have in mind.

So I have a used Rohn 25 Fold Over Tower Section including the tail for
sale. Section is in excellent condition and includes the stainless hinge
bolts. Other assembly bolts had surface rust so were pitched when got
section and never got around to getting them. Winch has light surface
rust but is serviceable. Will restring with stainless cable.

I was surprised how much these have gone up over the years. List is over
$3,000. Texas Towers has them for $1175.

Am asking $500, will consider offers. Will deliver to Dayton or other
suitable location between Iowa and Ohio.

This is car top haulable if you have a decent car top carier. That is
how I got it home in the first place.

At Dayton, I will be in Flea Market at Space 1564-1565. Look for the U
Haul trailer and the gray tables. Bringing you the finest in used or
surplus merchandise: rf generators, scopes, logic analyzers, counters,
rf voltmeters, dummy loads (thru 10KW for the QRO enthusiast), coax
cable, wire, and assorted miscellaneous from the bowls of my basement.

I will be the chubble guy in the brown floppy hat. Drop by and say
hello.

de n0yvy steve