[TowerTalk] Height to reduce QRM on 20 m?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Height to reduce QRM on 20 m?
From: stunroe@orion.branch-co.lib.mi.us (stu)
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 11:50:43 -0500
Is it possible to reduce QRM (mostly stateside) by raising an antenna up
to around 100'? I'm running a Kenwood ts-850 with a 1.8 khz 1st IF ssb
filter and am primarily interested in listening to & working dx
stations. Problem I'm having is strong adjacent frequency interference
from stations 1-2 khz away. Antenna is cushcraft asl-2010 @ 45'. I have
read on here about around a certain height there is a deep null in high
angle radiation, would the same thing apply to recieve? Thanks & 73
Steve KG8TX