[TowerTalk] Installing Radials on vertical antennas?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Installing Radials on vertical antennas?
From: pash@gdi.net (PAUL ASH)
Date: Sun, 18 May 1997 17:40:10 -0300
Hello everybody.

As part of my antenna farm I am installing a low band vertical
antenna. I would like to put a fairly large number of radials
under the antenna. I'm wondering what the best method is for
connecting all those wires together? I have about 1000ft of wire
available for the radials so I'd be looking at about 50 or so
seperate pieces of wire. I seem to remember reading somewhere
about a large copper ring being used for this purpose.

Also, since the wire I have is multi-stranded it would be easy
to split it up into additional pieces. I'm wondering what the
trade off is for guage of the radial wire vs quantity of radials.

Anyone have any suggestions??????