[TowerTalk] Wiring TS-940 Kenwood 13 pin Din for Rtty

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Wiring TS-940 Kenwood 13 pin Din for Rtty
From: jmellis@ihug.co.nz (Martin Ellis)
Date: Thu, 29 May 1997 22:26:24 +1200
Hello Ken,
Been a few years since I wired up my TS940 for RTTY FSK,
but here goes:

1.  Suggest you use the FSK jack instead of the 13 pin DIN.
This jack will toggle the rig from mark to space.
Press the function button for FSK (not LSB).

2. Get recieve-audio for decoding, from *phone patch out* RCA jack.

3.  Use the PPT on the Remote (linear) socket.

4.  Don't use audio input.
This would be needed for AFSK only.

This config. was for the old AEA CP1, but current RTTY ops
will advise if things have changed since then.

Regards,
Martin ZL1ANJ