[TowerTalk] U-Bolts for Ham IV ?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] U-Bolts for Ham IV ?
From: jayt@sd.com (Jay Terleski)
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 1997 17:20:26 -0700
KJ6Y@aol.com wrote:

> You ncan get them direct from HyGain parts. They are real good about
> shipping.
> 402-465-7022
> Skip, KJ6Y
> Communications Service Co.

Or why don't you do like someone on the reflector said about a year ago.
Just drill the Ham IV out to accept a standard larger diameter bolt. I
tried it and found it worked so well that I did it to the other 4 rotors
I use.  Its easy to do and no more galled, twisted off hygain
proprietary U-bolts to mess with.  You can really crank down the larger
bolts to solve the other problem of masts spinning in high winds.  They
will still spin when it really really blows but I find I have dont have
to climb up so often to re-align them.  Who ever it was who originally
put that idea on the reflector, I thank you.

Jay, WX0B
--

 |                     |  Jay Terleski                                 |