[TowerTalk] Dayton Hamvention Ham Radio Law Forum

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Dayton Hamvention Ham Radio Law Forum
From: JimW9WU@aol.com (Jim W9WU)
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1998 15:45:58 EST
Dayton Hamvention  Law forum announcement:

        "Amateur Radio and the Law: Getting It Up and Keeping It Up"

Attorney Jim O'Connell, W9WU will host a forum discussion by attorneys
on legal issues of interest to hams.  We'll show you how to approach
your local building department for a permit, how to protect yourself
from restrictive covenants when shopping for a new home, and how to
present your case for a variance or special use.  Panel attorneys will
also detail recent court decisions affecting amateur radio, including
nuisance and RFI matters, and explain how the recent cellular/PCS
expansion can seriously affect antenna zoning for hams.  We'll even
explain how to use new FCC rules on RF exposure to your benefit.

Speakers:

Chris Imlay, W3KD, ARRL General Counsel
Fred Hopengarten K1VR
Bob Cherry K2HBX
Tim Ellam VE6SH, VP Radio Amateurs of Canada

Day:          Sun
Start Time:   11:15:00 AM
End Time:     12:45:00 PM
Room:         3

We're fortunate that this is one of the Forum Rooms located at the Dayton
Arena.
Join us for great info and handouts on CC&R's and other helpful info.

73, Jim O'Connell, W9WU  ARRL VC, Central Division