[TowerTalk] Dipole Support ?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Dipole Support ?
From: w7why@mail.coos.or.us (Tom Osborne)
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 1997 21:24:22 +0900
Larry Botkin wrote:

> Hi;
>    Presently I have an Alpha-Delta Inverted vee I am planning on putting up
> as an inverted vee.  I have started to put up a center support using
> regular TV antenna mast sections which would mean about 17 feet free height
> aboove the rood line. The question I have is;
>       Is there a better method and more specifically is there a better
> material use than the light gauge tv mast material. I would appreciate
> suggestions, tips hints and even criticism (constructive that is)...
>
> Larry   ARS N9PC

Hi Larry.  You didn't mention where your location is.  Are there any
trees available??
They make great supports for dipoles and inverted v's.  I used a Radio
Shack 30 foot push up mast for years before I got my tower up and I had a
tri-bander and couple of dipoles on it.  They do work well. If you keep
your eyes peeled, you can find some at garage sales or flea markets. Good
luck on your antenna projects.
Tom W7WHY