[TowerTalk] Horizontal Loop at low heights results

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Horizontal Loop at low heights results
From: stunroe@orion.branch-co.lib.mi.us (Stu)
Date: Sat, 01 Nov 1997 15:08:08 -0600
Got the loop up & running at an average height of 18" by using 4'
electric fence posts & insulators spaced 50' apart so there is a good
deal of droop. Signal reports both locally and on the east coast are
down approx 1 S unit from the dipole at 37'. Recieve is about the same
down 1 S unit but qrm levels are down to an S-3 from S-9 on the dipole,
especially on 160m. Suprisingly enough I was even hearing ZD8's on this
thing which I never thought would happen on 75. Tried to use it to
listen to LF/VLF but will have to bypass the tuner as it is now hooked
up to the balanced feed using rg-58. TVI levels are negligible so the
balanced line idea works.

73'  Steve KG8TX