Re: [TowerTalk] 40 and 20 at 15 ft apart

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 40 and 20 at 15 ft apart
From: ROBERT HARMON <k6uj@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 17:02:46 -0700
Steve,

You are correct, I had it backwards.   The KLM antennas have the elements
insulated from the boom,
and Force 12 parasitic elements are connected to the boom.  Thanks for pointing
it out.

Yeah, interactions are intriguing.  I have an 80 meter Waller Flag strung up to
help
with nulling out some local power line noise on 80.  At first the pattern was
awful but  now
is pretty good with a deep null towards the noise.  Discovered that my tower
was acting as an
antenna on 80 and throwing the Flag pattern way off.  Also discovered my
neighbors guy wires
to his old TV antenna were also enjoying being resonant on 80, hihi.  I
resolved the tower
resonance and my neighbor was kind enough to let me add some insulators to his
guy wires
which remedied the situation.

Bob
K6UJ