[TowerTalk] 4-square owners please

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] 4-square owners please
From: ve6nap@oanet.com (Gerald Caouette)
Date: Sun, 09 Nov 1997 00:34:16 -0800
Bill Fisher - W4AN wrote:

> I had K5RC up to my shack yesterday.  One of Tom's  suggestions was to
> put up a flat top dipole for 80M in addition to my 4-square.  I have
> enough tower to put my newest tower up to 100+ feet and string a dipole
> between the towers at about 70' on one tower and 100' on the other.  The
> broadside of the dipole would look over a 250' dropoff and should act
> higher than it would actually be.
>
> My question... Do any of you 4-square owners have flat top dipoles up in
> addtition to your 4-square?  Is it advantageous?  How much of the time?
>
> 73
>
> Bill
>
> --

Bill

The Contest station I get to play with is at VE6SV

He has a number of Dipoles for 80 M and a 4 Square phased array for 80 M

Each plays the conditions a bit different so will select the best
antenna to work a given station . In close the dipoles seem to work a
better but on most long haul DX and Europe the 4 Square wins hands down
most of the time.

You might want to send Gord a message to get more details on his
setup his email address is " ve6sv@oanet.com "

73
de
ve6nap@oanet.com