[TowerTalk] T2X ,SS and Murphy

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] T2X ,SS and Murphy
From: w7why@mail.coos.or.us (Tom Osborne)
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 16:43:51 +0800
stratto wrote:

> you don't have to be in the frozen black hole to loose the rotator nuts. I
> an inspection this fall, i found two nuts gone, the other where loose, and
> would of not made another new england winter!  However, I caught the loose
> nuts situation early.

Hi.  For a while I worked in a heavy equipment shop here, and our boss
never would let us put lock washers on any nuts and bolts unless they
were of a very good grade.  If you put the cheap steel lockwashers on,
they will rust out and fall out, then the nuts are loose on the bolts.
We used to see that all the time when stuff came in to be worked on.  73
Tom W7WHY