[TowerTalk] Need help with series coax impedence transformer

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Need help with series coax impedence transformer
From: dietz@texas.net (Chuck Dietz)
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 21:53:13 -0600
Help!

I am trying to match a 26 ohm load to a 50 ohm line at 28.45 Mhz with
.66 velocity factor RG-213 and RG-11.

First problem:  The formula in the 18th ed of the Antenna Handbook in Ch
26 is incorrect.  The right parenthesis in the numerator of the formula
for "B" should be after the "1" where is says one squared.  (If I had
been smarter, I would have known one squared  was incorrect
immediately!)

Second problem:  I'm old and have an old calculator.  Here's what I get:

L1 (52 ohm) = 4.50"
L2 (75 ohm) = 6.28"

Does anyone have a computer program for this???

Is it free???

Can you e-mail it to me???

Are my lengths above for this problem correct??

Thanks in advance,

Chuck, KZ5MM